Buckwheat pasta with cabbage and fontina cheese
By: From: Giorgio Locatelli Pure Italian
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 50 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Giorgio Locatelli's tasty mix of pasta, vegetables and melted cheeses will satisfy the heartiest of appetites
Tips and suggestions
- Eat with...
- Deep-fried Swiss Chard Stems with Fontina Cheese
- 1 potato, cut into small cubes
- 2 leeks, shredded
- 1 small Savoy cabbage, (inner leaves only) diced
- 2 sage leaves
- 125 g butter
- 100 g finely grated parmesan
- 175 g fontina cheese, diced
- black pepper
For the pasta:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First make the pasta. In a large bowl, mix the two types of flour together. Make a well in the middle and pour the water and olive oil into the well. Stir, gradually drawing in the flour from around the edge, to form a dough.
2. Knead the dough vigorously for about 10 minutes until it is smooth and springy. If the dough is too dry, wet your hands. Don't wet the dough.
3. Cut into pieces wide enough for your pasta machine. Pass each piece through the rollers, starting on the highest setting, and continuing down to setting 3. This dough is quite dry and brittle, so you don't want it too thin.
4. Cut the dough into 1cm thick strips and set aside.
5. Put the potato into a large saucepan of boiling salted water (at least 3 litres). Cook for a few minutes until 'al dente'.
6. Add the pasta to the pan along with the leeks, cabbage and sage leaves. Bring back to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until the pasta is 'al dente'.
7. Drain, then tip into a warm serving dish. Add the butter and both the cheeses. Mix well, then season to taste and serve.