On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Food and Drink - Angela Harnett - Italian Food
- 20:30 - Food and Drink - Rachel Khoo - Entertaining
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Bread
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
- Serves 6
A salty-sweet glaze, with a chilli kick, makes these spare ribs from James Martin taste finger-lickin' good!
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Place the spare ribs on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
2. While the ribs are cooking heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the chilli, fennel seeds and sugar and cook, stirring often, until sugar melted. Add the soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Once the ribs have cooked through, remove them from the oven and brush liberally with half the barbecue sauce, leaving half for later. Return the ribs to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes to glaze the ribs. Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce on the side.
To enjoy these ribs at a barbecue, follow the recipe as above the end of step two. Brush the ribs with barbecue sauce and cook over a preheated barbecue until glazed, then serve.