On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
James Martin's tasty home-made pork terrine served with a colourful salad makes an attractive starter
Method1. Brush the terrine tin with the olive oil. Line it with streaky bacon rashers, leaving 5 cm of the bacon rashers overlapping the edge of the terrine. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Make the filling by removing all the meat from the sausage skins and discarding the skins. Add the sage, flat leaf parsley and pistachio nuts. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. If using the minced pork add the egg at this stage to help it bind together.
3. Spread a layer of the the pork mixture in the lined terrine. Top with the blanched asparagus and leeks, spreading in an uneven fashion. Top with the remaining pork mixture and press down firmly.
4. Fold the overlapping bacon rashers over the pork filling. Cover with either a terrine lid or with tin foil.
5. Place the filled terrine in a large deep roasting pan and place in the oven. Carefully pour in hot water around the terrine until the water reaches half-way up the terrine. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour until cooked through.
6. Cool, cover with cling film, and top with weights to press down the terrine. Refrigerate until chilled and set, around 2 hours. While the terrine is chilling prepare the salad by tossing together the orange, rocket, potato, coriander and peach. Mix together the plum chutney and olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove and cut into six slices. Place each slice in the centre of a serving plate surrounded by the orange salad. Spoon the plum chutney dressing over the terrine just before serving.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 250 g rashers of streaky bacon
- 900 g good-quality pork sausages or 900g pork mince plus 1 eggs
- 10 sage leaves, chopped
- 5 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 75 g shelled pistachio nuts
- black pepper
- 3 medium leeks, quartered and blanched
- 6 asparagus