On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Serves 4 as a starter
This classic Italian pasta dish uses pancetta, egg yolks and cream for a rich, tasty supper. From James Martin
Method1. Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the pancetta and fry until crisp.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the cream and grated Parmesan. Season well with freshly ground pepper. Add the chopped parsley.
4. Add the freshly drained pasta to the egg yolk mixture, together with the remaining oil, the grated Parmesan and the fried pancetta. Toss together immediately. Season to taste with sea salt and frehsly ground pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Top with the Parmesan shavings and serve at once.