By: From: James Martin Delicious
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Serves 4 as a starter
This classic Italian pasta dish uses pancetta, egg yolks and cream for a rich, tasty supper. From James Martin
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the pancetta and fry until crisp.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the cream and grated Parmesan. Season well with freshly ground pepper. Add the chopped parsley.
4. Add the freshly drained pasta to the egg yolk mixture, together with the remaining oil, the grated Parmesan and the fried pancetta. Toss together immediately. Season to taste with sea salt and frehsly ground pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Top with the Parmesan shavings and serve at once.