Mashed Brussels sprouts with parmesan and cream
By: From: Market Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Matthew Fort's recipe has been known to seduce even the most dyed-in-the-wool sprout-hater
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 175C/gas 4.
2. Remove all the manky leaves from the outside of the sprouts. Bring a pan of unsalted water to the boil, toss in the sprouts, lid on, turn down the heat and cook until parboiled - about 4-6 minutes.
3. Drain, then tip into the food processor, along with the cream, salt and pepper. Whiz for 20 seconds or so - they should be roughly chopped up, not a smooth purée.
4. Stir all the parmesan into the sprout mash except for enough to sprinkle over the top, then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the reserved parmesan on top and bake until the top has developed a fine, crunchy crust.