On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Classic Twists
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 2
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Matthew Fort's recipe has been known to seduce even the most dyed-in-the-wool sprout-hater
Method1. Preheat the oven to 175C/gas 4.
2. Remove all the manky leaves from the outside of the sprouts. Bring a pan of unsalted water to the boil, toss in the sprouts, lid on, turn down the heat and cook until parboiled - about 4-6 minutes.
3. Drain, then tip into the food processor, along with the cream, salt and pepper. Whiz for 20 seconds or so - they should be roughly chopped up, not a smooth purée.
4. Stir all the parmesan into the sprout mash except for enough to sprinkle over the top, then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the reserved parmesan on top and bake until the top has developed a fine, crunchy crust.