Tim Vine has been crowned this year's winner in the Dave Joke of the Fringe award.
The pun specialist won with the gag: ''I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.''
Vine said: "I'm going to celebrate by going to Sooty's barbecue and having a 'sweepsteak'."
Dave Channel head, Steve North said: ''This year's Edinburgh Festival Fringe features some 34,265 performances of 2,098 shows in 265 venues with comedy making up 35 per cent of the programme. With the Dave Joke Of The Fringe we've boiled it down to the best 24 jokes on offer and let the public crown Tim Vine as the winner.''
The Top 10 funniest jokes
1. Tim Vine: ''I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.''
2. David Gibson (as Ray Green): ''I'm currently dating a couple of anorexics. Two birds, one stone.''
3. Emo Philips: ''I picked up a hitchhiker. You gotta when you hit them.''
4. Jack Whitehall: ''I bought one of those anti-bullying wristbands when they first came out. I say 'bought' - I actually stole it off a short, fat ginger kid.''
5. Gary Delaney: ''As a kid I was made to walk the plank. We couldn't afford a dog.''
6. John Bishop: ''Being an England supporter is like being the over-optimistic parents of the fat kid on sports day.''
7. Bo Burnham: ''What do you call a kid with no arms and an eyepatch? Names.''
8. Gary Delaney: ''Dave drowned. So at the funeral we got him a wreath in the shape of a lifebelt. Well, it's what he would have wanted.''
9. Robert White: ''For Vanessa Feltz, life is like a box of chocolates - empty.''
10. Gareth Richards: ''Wooden spoons are great. You can either use them to prepare food, or if you can't be bothered with that, just write a number on one and walk into a pub.''
Best of the Rest
Emo Philips: "I like to play chess with old men in the park. Of course, the tough part about playing chess with old men in the park is finding 32 of them...."